- Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California October 2003 by Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Nick Sears and Chris White. The early intentions of the company were to develop an advanced operating system for digital cameras, later they diverted their efforts to producing a Smartphone operating system. On August 17, 2005, Google acquired Android, Inc. The first commercially available phone to run Android was the HTC, released on October 22, 2008. Since then, Android has seen numerous updates which have incrementally improved the operating system, adding new features and fixing bugs in previous releases.
- Apps are programmed using Android SDK : Eclipse, ADT plug-in, Android SDK tools and platforms and system image for the emulator.
- Uses the help of JAVA
- Apps can be downloaded using the computer. Customers can visit the google play website, choose software and have the app installed remotely.
- Model e.g. Samsung GALAXY Nexus; Android 4.2.2; Dual core, 1024 MB RAM, 32 GB; Cam 5 Megapixels; Physical size 4.7 in, 720×1280 Pixels; Multi touch
- Android is a large open platform, growing very fast. Android sells more than Apple even if they get less from its platform, with economy down low, people just might prefer the Android.
[ PIC from http://crackerpie.com ]